The UCWbL assists students, faculty, staff, and alumni through Face-to-Face appointments, Online appointments, Written Feedback by Email, and Chat With a Tutor. In addition to these services, UCWbL also offers the following:
- Suburban Campus Writing Groups: These workshops meet each Saturday at the O’Hare and Oak Forest campuses from 10:00-11:30am and at the Naperville campus from 1:00-2:30pm. The groups are facilitated by Peer Writing Tutors, and are open to any member of the DePaul community and any type of written work. No appointment is necessary.
- AP/ILP Forums: These forums allow SNL Writers to discuss their AP and ILP projects with other students, Writing Tutors, SNL faculty, and a research librarian. Because writers at all stages of their projects are welcome, these forums are great opportunities to share tips and get advice about these critical components of the SNL program. The dates of the forums are:
ILP April 18th, 4:30 – 6:00 pm, Lewis 1600
AP April 27th, 12:00 – 1:30 pm Room 307
ILP May 5th, 3:00 – 4:30 pm, Room 219
AP May 11th, 12:00 – 1:30 pm, Room 5520
AP May 16th, 4:30 – 6:00 pm, Lewis 1600
- Creative Writing Groups: Writers can give and receive feedback on fiction, poetry, or any other creative writing. Our popular group The Writers Guild meets on Thursdays from 4:00-6:00pm in McGaw 203. A number of Writers Guild members have recently had work published and the Guild also hosts the popular reading series Aloud! each quarter in the DePaul Student Center. No appointment necessary.
- Faculty Writing Groups: Faculty Writing Groups assist professors at DePaul who want writing advice. Faculty might utilize these groups to get feedback on theses, manuscripts, dissertations, or other writing projects with peers. WRITE, DePaul’s cross-campus intra-disciplinary faculty writing group, meets on Tuesday mornings from 8:00-9:30am and Wednesdays from 11:30-1:00pm. Email email@example.com for details.
- Writing Groups by Request: Students, faculty, staff, and alumni are invited to create their own “mobile” Peer Writing Groups and meet weekly at a time and a place on or off campus that is convenient for them. The UCWbL will provide a Tutor to meet with the group and will help foster the discussion between writers.
Please let students know about UCWbL services, workshops, and forums.