As part of the February mentoring meeting there will be a field trip to the Loop Writing Center.
As a mentor or advisor, this trip will offer you a great opportunity to learn about the many useful resources available for students and faculty at the Writing Center. The field trip will be conducted by Mark Brand, the coordinator of writing groups for the University Center for Writing based Learning (UCWbL). It will include a tour of the facility along with an orientation and a Q&A session with Mark.
Some of the topics that will be covered during this informative trip include:
- Services available for students at the Loop and suburban campuses (tutoring, writing groups, and more)
- Information about AP/ILP workshops
- An explanation of how tutors work with SNL students as well as what tutors have learned about SNL students and APs
- Services available for ESL speakers
- Services available for faculty (Writing Fellows, workshops, faculty development, and peer resources for your own writing)
Date: February 28
Location: Loop Writing Center, 25 E. Jackson, 16th Floor
*Field trip attendees will depart the mentoring meeting together as a group.
We look forward to seeing you there.