- Suburban Campus Writing Groups: These workshops meet each Saturday at the O’Hare campuses at 10:00 am-11:30 am (Room 307) and Tuesdays 4;30 to 6pm at Naperville (Room 220) and are facilitated by Peer Writing Tutors. Participants discuss their own writing and the work of others, honing critical reading, thinking, and analytical skills.
- Writing Groups by Request: Students, faculty, staff, and alumni are invited to create their own “mobile” Peer Writing Groups and meet weekly at a time and a place on or off campus that is convenient for them. The UCWbL will provide a Tutor to meet with the group and will help foster the discussion between writers.
- AP/ILP Forums: These forums allow SNL Writers to discuss their AP and ILP projects with other students, Writing Tutors, SNL faculty, and a research librarian. Because writers at all stages of their projects are welcome, these forums are great opportunities to share tips and get advice about these critical components of the SNL program. The dates of the forums are:
Loop: ILP November 6th, 4:30 – 6:00 pm, Lewis 1600
Naperville: AP October 27th, 12:00 – 1:30 pm, Room 220
Oak Forest: ILP October 13th, 12:00 – 1:30 pm, Room 5440
Students may RSVP the event at AP Forum and ILP Forum or at http://condor.depaul.edu/writing/what/workshops.html
- Creative Writing Groups: These groups operate like the Suburban Campus Writing Groups or the Writing Groups by Request, but with a focus on creative writing. Writers can give and receive feedback on fiction, poetry, or any other creative writing pursuit. As always, a tutor will be present to facilitate discussion. Creative Writing Groups can also be requested. A standing group meets on the Lincoln Park campus; please see the UCWbL website for days and times.
- Faculty Writing Groups: Faculty Writing Groups assist professors at DePaul who want writing advice. Faculty might utilize these groups to get feedback on theses, manuscripts, dissertations, or other writing projects with peers. These groups will operate like Writing Groups by Request.