Thursday, July 28, 2011

SNL student, Maria Jasso de Razo, featured in Global Voices

SNL student Maria Jasso de Razo is featured in the first annual issue of Global Voices, the online magazine published by The Collaborative for Multilingual Writing and Research (CMWR) and The University Center for Writing-based Learning (UCWbL). Maria wrote her paper, "How English as a Second Language Affected my Reading and Writing," for SNL writing course, "Writing Together - Writing Well," taught by Steffanie Triller and Janise Hurtig. The essay depicts the hurdles Maria overcame as an ESL student learning to read and write. On her essay being chosen for Global Voices, Maria says, "I never imagined that I could write something that would be published. You don't know how much this means to me. I can't believe it."

Read her essay here: https://depaul.digication.com/global_voices/paper_3

No comments:

Post a Comment