Tuesday, June 23, 2009

New Format for Writing News

For the past three quarters, I have been on research leave. Where? No, not Paris, Cario, Tibet or even any place particularly warm (until last week). Yep, I stayed in Chicago. During the leave, I spent over seventy hours interviewing SNL students about writing and looking over their papers with them. As a result, I have lots to share with you about how to help SNL students develop as writers, learners and thinkers in your classes.

To share this information with you, I'm moving Writing News online at http://snlwritingnews.blogspot.com/ You can visit the site and post comments at any time. If you visit now, you'll find information about changes to the MLA citation style and the summer hours for the writing center. Each month, I'll add a post.

As always, please do not hesitate to contact me if you have questions or would like to talk about writing and SNL students.
------
For Writing News from December 2005 to August 2008, go to the “Writing Resources” section of the SNL Faculty Professional Development Blackboard site.

No comments:

Post a Comment